10 July 2007

July 10th

It has been a long time since I had the time or inclination to write anything on this little BLOG of mine. I have had the misfortune to have two cunados (brothers-in-law) die and have their services in the last week or so. My mother is holding up pretty well even though she is technically on the short road to everlasting life. She seems to be healthy and tries to put on the game face, but she is having a harder time getting around without getting really winded and out of breath. I am working really hard and attempting to learn all that I need to know in order to run the company by the end of the year. There seems to be something else to learn on a daily basis. I have been, in actuality, too busy to take time out and learn what I am supposed to be learning. I have been helping my boss's brother-in-law (our route man) on his route and when I am not doing that, I have the repairs, installations and customer service duties. I have an appointment with the V.A. psychiatrist tomorrow. There is some thought that I am (and have been) suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome for lo these many years and need some counseling or something. You know how the government is! Everything is a BIG DEAL.

I hope that everyone is having a great week after the 4th. I also hope that everyone had a great Independence Day and enjoyed much food and fun with loved ones.

Our weather forecast is for "increased" rain over the next few days. We have had a 'few' showers that wet the ground and made us more humid, but no REAL rain of note. Our temperatures tomorrow are supposed to be under 100 .... for the first time in about 30 days. We have been hot, but not abnormal over the past week ... 105-108 ... and it hasn't been real bad.

i am watching some old movies on TV and trying to relax for a bit ... watching "The High and the Mighty" right now. Have never seen it all the way through before.

Well, must re-fill my wine glass and pay attention to my movie. Have a great day and a better week.

Love from the desert

No comments:

Post a Comment