04 December 2010

1st Weekend in December

      Saturday morning, not much going on around Ranchito de Poeta Baracho. I've been up since about 0300, I had to get up to get Hilda's sugar up a little. She was at 40, which is low. When I am up for longer than a few minutes, it's hard for me to get back to sleep. The past week or so, she has had trouble with her low sugars again. I don't know if it is the pain in her arm or her pain medication that is causing it. But ... I am back to the old days, waking up a couple of times a night to check on her. I am hoping that her pain starts to subside some pretty quick, as she gets really grumpy about not being able to do stuff for herself ... like bathe, get dressed, eat properly (she's not real good with her left hand), and other things.
    I've been on the keyboard for an hour or so ... discussing (arguing) some points with a former Morman/now Atheist friend of mine. I've also read all my Saturday comics and the news (online of course). I've had several discussions with others this AM also ... some friendly, some political and others just gossip. I did have a little problem explaining to one gal that the United States is a federal constitutional republic and not a democracy. She checked it out and apologized. Fat Boy 1  Skinny Bitch 0 !!
     I have a REALLY interesting and informative You-tube thing that you NEED to view. 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfEdJNn15E There were some facts in it that even a know-it-all like me found new and interesting. Check it out when you get time.
     I have RadioFreeTexas on the computer and am enjoying some good tunes from the GetoCowboys, Pine Valley Cosmonauts, Billy Joe Shavers, et al. Nice background music to the pre-dawn hours. I love music.
    I have been working on my November Financial Report for the Legion. We had some computer problems there that have not been completely resolved and so it's been difficult. I have to go there about 0800 to get a few more facts straight and then Sunday morning/Monday morning, I'll do the Kitchen report. Monday night I'll work Sirloin Burger Night. Tuesday morning, the Commander and I have to move some records and stuff there and then a Finance Committee / E-Board meeting Tuesday evening. busy few days.
   I am hoping that I can get Hilda to go to the Legion for an hour or so today. We visited with her mom the other day and it was nice for her to get out of the house.
  I am hoping that my NFL picks improve this week, I am now at 60% [so here they are:
Bills + 5.5          at the Vikings     ... Vikings cover
Browns +5        at Miami                ... Miami covers
Jaguars +3        at Tennessee       ... Jaguars in an upset
Broncos +8.5   at the Chiefs        ... Denver + the points (too many)
Redskins +7     at the Giants        ... Giants cover (come on Eli)
Chicago -4.5    at the Lions           ... Chicago wins
49er's +9.5       at the Packers      ... Packers (but that's a lot of points)
Saints -6.5        at the Bengals      ... Saints should cover here
Falcons -3         at Tampa Bay       ... Falcons should cover easily
Raiders +13     at the Chargers    ... Chargers (but, again, a LOT of points)
Carolina +5     at Seattle                 ... Toss-up, but I'll go with the Panthers
Dallas +5.5      at the Colts             ... a really hard one, but I'll go Colts (probably a field goal difference)
Rams -3.5        at Arizona               ... Rams, I can't believe Arizona can beat anyone
Steelers +3      at the Ravens        ... Another toss-up, with Big Ben's foot, I'll go Ravens

Monday Night: Jets +3.5   at the Patriots ... I like the Jets in an upset

   You all know how much I like taking pictures. Well I like other people's also. The following photographs are from electrician Sean Heavey. They are of a weather phenomenon known as a supercell. This occurred in Glasgow Montana, where Sean was working.


No comments:

Post a Comment