20 June 2011

End of June

Well, it has been a long, long time since I entered anything on here. It just seemed that I had nothing to say ... really strange for me. We had our American Legion Post 36 Officer Installation on Saturday night. I was installed as the Commander for 2011-2012 and Ms Hilda was installed as the Historian in the Auxiliary. Afterwards we had a great dinner and dance to the fabulous 60's Garage Band. They are a really great Tucson band with a lot of talented individuals who have been in music many years. The bass player played with Chubby Checker, The Ronettes, and Little Anthony and the Imperials (among others). Keith Lewallen and his wife are in it. He and his brothers (The Lewallen Brothers Band) were the very first band that I heard in Tucson when I got here from Vietnam in 1970. Anyway, we danced and had a great time with our friends.

                           Here is Ms Hilda getting sworn in


Me getting sworn in by Ken Dowse, with the SAL Commander looking on

No comments:

Post a Comment