22 March 2016

Just thinkin'

   I was reading the obituaries today (as I do daily) and thought to myself "I don't know any of these people". I don't know why I think I should ... in a metro area of over a million people ... other than, I lived in a town of 2000 for over 20 years where everyone knew everyone (just about). My mind runs in funny directions at times.
   I have resigned my Chaplain position with VFW Post 549, as I have difficulty making time for the Saturday meetings because of duties here at our Casita with Hilda and associated stuff. I will really miss the position, but hopefully I can return to some sort of action with the Post in the future.
    I am trying to get some household chores done today. Already finished the laundry (3 loads) and visited the grocery store, readied the meat for tonight's dinner, etc. Tomorrow is my "Poker" morning, Thursday I take her for a haircut and Friday is a work day.
    I am constantly amazed at what drivers on our streets do and what else they attempt besides driving. It is getting where nothing they do startles me ... I am getting jaded at their capacity for stupidity and lack of concern for any other living beings. And the pedestrians are as bad as the drivers, just not as mobile or as large. 
   I am still studying (various things) as time permits. I am in the middle of three rather large books at the present time, History / Politics / Religion ... strange bedfellows huh? I just finished my second U.S. Constitution course on line with a 92.7%. Not bad for an old fart with fast approaching Alzheimers. 
  My doctor says my A1C (diabetes sugar level) is highly elevated so I have to cut back on sweet stuff and carbohydrates. No Problem ... right? The items that are high in carbohydrates are beer and bread. I LIVE on bread (Bagels, English Muffins, toast, et al).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment