03 February 2007

February 03

Well, 48 years ago today is The Day the Music Died. That was when Buddy Holly, J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, and Richie (Ricardo Valenzuela) Valens died in a plane crash. I remember the day ... I was 13 and very much into music (as I am today).

I have been hacking away at my new job. So far it has been extremely strenuous and I am exhausted at the end of each day. When we start up the 2nd shift and I am the leadman, perhaps the back breaking toil will lessen. I certainly hope so. At age 61, I am no longer the man I once was. In fact ... in reality .... I probably never was that man. Except in memory maybe.

I just (5 minutes ago) got a phone call from a man that I used to work for, (I drove a vending route for him) and he wants me to go back to work for him ... installing, repairing and servicing vending
machines.. It is $100 a week more than I am making right now and $50 a week more than I will be making next month when I start on swing shift. It is straight days, Monday - Friday and more money. It is also less physical labor. I cannot see any downside to it. I talked to Hilda and she loves the fact that it would be less strenuous on my knees and also that it would be day shift. She didn't like the idea of me working 3:30-midnight because it would lessen our opportunities to be together. I told him that I would call him on Monday.

*******************************

O.K., ..... I had even forgotten that this message was sitting here unfinished. It is Thursday ... the 8th .... and I am getting ready to shower and go to bed. I have been busy, re-learning everything I used to know about vending machines. I will be repairing them and taking care of the route when the route guy goes on vacation, which is the week of 19-23 February. I will probably work 12-14 hours a day that week. Hilda and I are going to see my mom and my nietos this weekend (in Benson). She is working, as am I, and the schedules are crazy.

Our weather has been more Arizona-like this week .... highs in the high 70s and low 80s and lows about 50. We might get some more rain next week ... cold front from California .... but it is still up in the air. Been nice swimming in the pool and sitting in the jacuzzi though. My kind of winter .... like late spring really. Those of you who really love winter are more than welcome to it as far as I am concerned. Give me 70-80 degrees and short sleeves any time. Can't wait for the 90s and low 100s ... great weather.

Have a great week/month/year.

PEACE / LOVE / HUGS ......... LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment