28 January 2007

Last Sunday of January

It is Sunday AM, about 0830, and I slept in some. Hilda took me to the American Legion last evening and we danced and listened to some Big Band/Latin/ etc. tunes from the 40s and 50s. The band was the Major Minor Band. Led by Bob Miner (a retired Major in the USAF) ... cute, huh?

I started to work Thursday last, at Natural Stone. That was the most physical work that I have done in years. Friday, I went to their plant in Phoenix (and took three others with me) to observe the operations and techniques they used. I will be the
Bagging Operations Leadman on Swing Shift, but must train on days for a month. The other guys that went with me are Fernando, the day shift Lead and two guys that we chose, Johnny and Gilberto, because they seemed to catch on quick on Thursday. I will be writing up a letter of recommendation (what I learned on Friday) for my area today, to give to the boss tomorrow.

Our weather has warmed somewhat, almost back to normal. Still having to wear a jacket (especially at night) but better than last week by far.

Nothing much else going on here. The VA Hospital wants me to stop drinking beer (or at least cut down), and they have me on blood pressure medicine. I am entering the twilight of my years I guess. They are reviewing the paper work for my rating, so that they will know if they can put me on temporary disability while they replace my knee. I had a car wreck in the early seventies that started my leg problems, and I was on active duty at the time.

I hope that everyone is happy and that things are going good for you.

LFTD ... and Peace !

No comments:

Post a Comment