21 January 2007

Playoffs/winter weather

What a great day to be inside and watching football. Cold, with light rain and lighter snow. The Saints are losing by 11 as I type this .. hate to see that. Hilda is at home and I am here in the apartment.

We were at the American Legion last evening for the Area Commander's Dinner. The Desert Knights were playing ... a win/win situation in my book. We met a local actress, Tami Sutton, who does plays here locally at the Top Hat Theater. The guy with her, Jim Wilson, (they're both in their 20's) sang a few songs with the band ... early Elvis and other 50's rock ... and he was amazing. I looked up his MySpace [www.myspace.com/jimwilsonsings] this morning, and we listened to some of his cuts on the computer. He has performed all over, mostle in Vegas and parts of California. He was once the lead singer of a band called Blue Vertigo. He is here in Tucson doing covers of Rockabilly, Country and Blues and working on some of his own material. We meet all these people because I am FAR from shy and I go up and introduce myself and start talking. Tami says she thinks that she can get us some "comped" tickets to the new show at the Top hat (starts next month). I took some pictures with my digital and will give her some copies next week. Hilda says that she could never meet people the way that I do, but she will learn I guess.

The Bears reared up and scored a bunch of points at the last to overwhelm the Saints (I, and many others in this nation were rooting for the Saints.) Now, if the Colts can win ... it'll be a Midwest Super Bowl.

It is now raining, a cold rain,
pretty heavy for our desert southwest. Snow warnings are out for the Tucson metropolitan area for tonight and tomorrow.

PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment