09 January 2007

Tuesday .. or so

I had an interview for a job today and it went well. I will get one of the two open positions I am certain. One is on swing shift and the other is on days, The day shift one pays a couple of dollars more, but there is more competition for that one. It all depends on what kind of impression I made.

My Arizona Wildcats lost a tight basketball game this past weekend .. broke my heart. But the Ohio State Buckeyes lost last night in the BCS Bowl and that made me happy.

I am halfway through my 'self-forced' spring cleaning of my apartment and my storage shed. I am amazed that I have/had so much stuff still. I went from a 4BR house to a 3BR house to a 2BR apartment to this 1BR apartment and it seems as if I have been throwing away stuff for years and yet ... I am still gleaning through possesions. My living room floor is full of milk crates either getting filled or getting emptied.

I think that (real) milk crates are one of the un-sung inventions of mankind. Everyone seems to have a couple at least. They store record albums (33RPMs, remember those), old parts, et al. I see them attached to small motorcycles as carry-alls, and whatever laundry rooms I have been in, I have seen them utilized as laundry baskets. I like them because they stack so well in my small storage shed. I have seen construction people use them to carry tools, or as a small step ladder, or as a chair for lunch or to sit on and work on something a foot or so off the floor.

Working around the house the last couple of days, I have been listening to music from my computer ... an on-line radio station called Boot Liquor that I like. I really enjoy the esoteric Americana music they play. I have been listening to ... (besides well known people like George Jones, Lyle Lovett and Jimmie Dale Gilmore ...) Ronnie Cox, Montana Tunesmiths, Neco Case, Long Gone Lonesome Boys, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Gurf Morlix, Cross Canadian Ragweed and many, many more. I could become a hermit I think... if I had cable TV and my internet (food, wine and beer also).

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment