18 January 2007

Mid January

It is Thursday, I just got back from my second straight day at the VA hospital. Going through tests and x-rays. Nothing bad has happened, I just registered with the VA last week and there are getting a 'baseline' on me.

I start back to work next Thursday. Not as much money as I had hoped and not the exact job I wanted, but it is work and I can live on it if I watch my pennies.

My stupid Buick "MUST" be fixed now ..... the "Crank Sensor" was replaced on Tuesday. It seems that it was the reason that I had intermittent problems with it not starting. Another $300 that I didn't have, but BrakeMax is letting me make payments. I need the car to make it to work, as my new employer isn't on any bus route.

I am going "Stir Crazy" sitting around the house the last two weeks. Not enough money to go and do anything, so I have basically been confined to the apartment. I have gone through ALL my pictures and re-organized them. How does one ever collect so many photographs? My living room is starting to look habitable again. The bedroom should look the same this weekend. Being alone, I sometimes let stuff that I am looking through, or studying, pile up around the apartment. I am always going through various things and making notes on other stuff that I look up on the computer. I am forever researching three or four things. Some of the constants are music, history, people, lyrics, poetry and words/word usage.

I would like to offer my opinion on something. Art ! (it is now Sunday morning and I had forgotten to publish this post). I watch Breakfast with the Arts on A&E most Sunday mornings. When I say "Art", in this instance I am talking painting. I think that the quality of most art is judged by people because of WHO painted it rather than HOW GOOD it is. I mean, there are instances where critics and people in the know say how great a piece of art is and later it is found to be a fake and all of a sudden ... everyone sees all the amateurishness of it and how it has this flaw or that flaw. Bullshit ... it is either a good painting or it is not. In literature ... a "great" writer works are looked upon with awe. If he or she writes a piece of drivel .... hell, they'll say it is fraught with underlying meaning and hidden nuances et al. But really .. it's just a piece of mindless crap. We are slightly in awe of people who do certain things well and we imbue them with talents, judgement, intelligence and savvy that they possibly do not possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment