14 January 2007

Playoff weekend

I know that my cousin Dean, the Wildman, in Baltimore is disgusted. Not only did the Ravens lose, but they lost to the team that Baltimoreans (sp) hate more than any other ... the (former Baltimore) Indianapolis Colts. New Orleans kept it's dream year going and now will play against da' Bears (who won in OT) in Chicago. I am currently watching the Patriots - San Diego game with the best runner that I have ever seen in football ...."LT". I never saw Jim Brown except in NFL films, but I saw Walter Peyton, Earl Campbell, Bo, Emmett, and many others and I have never seen anyone run like LaDainian ... ever! I will not be able to watch the entire game ... the UofA plays basketball at 1800 hrs and that's 15 minutes away and the football game is only in the beginning minutes of the 4th quarter. I shall check back in from time to time. We (UofA) have a tough game tonight against Oregon. Lots of injuries and two Top 15 teams meeting.

I start to work again on the 22nd ... won't make the big bucks like on the last job, but it beats the hell out of unemployment. It will take me three weeks or so to recover from these unemployment checks and catch up the bills and stuff. I took Hilda home a bit ago. We stopped by the American Legion and had a pitcher or two (her treat) and watched some football on TV. We watched Superman Returns last night on the DVD player ... she loved it, I thought it was sort of mediocre (and left questions unanswered).

Arizona has it's hands more than full in the early going against Oregon ... and the football game looks as if the Chargers are going to lose ... too bad. I am not a Patriots fan and I did like the Chargers this year. Yep ... it's official, New England won. Too bad. I must root for the Colts and the Saints next week. If my wishes come about, I am torn between the Colts and the Saints. I really like Peyton Manning and would like to see him win a Super Bowl, but the Saints have had such a dismal record since their inception and I'd like to see them win a ring also.

Our Arizona Cardinals (the Chicago Cubs of football) hired Ken Whisenhut, the Steelers offensive coordinator, as their new head coach today ... hell, we'll try anything now.

Our weather here yesterday and today was frigid. Snow all over the mountains, it's 42 right now and headed down quickly. Tonight will be in the 20s and it has been breezy.

Well, must concentrate on the roundball on the tube.

Have a great week.

PEACE


No comments:

Post a Comment