22 January 2007

Snow !!

I awoke this morning to snow on the ground in downtown Tucson. All the bridges on my side of town were closed due to heavy ice covering. The buses were not running on the east side or the west side of town until the ice had been dealt with. The desert didn't seem the same as the place I love so much. It has gotten up to 44 today, but feels colder. It is clearing, so I am expecting a cold night. I have been really lazy today ... lots of ESPN, the Discovery Channel and my little computer. I've been outside a couple of times today and was glad to get back inside. They just said on the news that low 20's are in store for tonight and the streets are wet already ... more ice in the AM.

I fell asleep last evening watching football (it was an early wake-up and a long day) and was certain that my Colts were going to lose big time ... but Peyton brought them back for the win. Great going Peyton! (and the rest of the team). Now ... Lovie Smith was the first black head coach to take his team to the Super Bowl ..... and now, his old head coach (and mentor) Tony Dungy joins him after 3 hours. Now we have two black head coaches in the "big show". Way to go guys!

PEACE and HUGS


No comments:

Post a Comment