07 January 2007

Another Sunday

I have a job interview in Tuesday, had one on Thursday last. Something will turn up. In my old age I am becoming an optimist I guess. I have been thinking, lately, of all the things that I have to be grateful for and I guess it outweighs my being broke. I had saved up some money before Christmas and the fuel pump on 'Natasha' (my Buick) cost me almost $700 to replace, and then last Friday .. the starter (another #300 with towing). But ... I am fairly healthy, I have a lady that thinks I'm sexy, I have some friends out there in Internet-land. So ... things will be alright.

I really hope that all of you (if anyone ever reads this thing-o-mine) have, and are having, a truly fantastic 2007. We all were alive (7 years ago) to see the beginning of a new century and are now living in the 21st Century ...... when I was a kid, that was as far away as the stars.

Amazing how much progress has been made in my short lifetime. I was born at the end of WWII, ... propeller driven airplanes, no TVs, phones were rare in my area and all the music was on 78 RPM records. I was 9 years old when Elvis came around in music, now ... he's ancient history. I remember hearing lots of artists for the first time in all genres of music. I remember Webb Pierce, Elvis, Little Richard, Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash when they were basically nobodies. Also I remember ... jet planes, moon landings, computers as big as my living room, personal computers with only 64 KBs of memory. Makes me sound ancient I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment