14 May 2007

Monday 5-14

Well, it's the day after Mother's Day and I hope all the mothers had a great day.

We, here in the desert of Tucson, had temperatures of 101 on Saturday and 103 but it has cooled down to 97-98 today. Practically frigid.

Work has kept me pretty busy the last week or so, trying to invent a data retrieval system to take care of all the info on our varied machines, bill acceptors, coin mechinisms, fluorescent tubes, et al. that Perry (the owner) has been carrying around in his head ... (and sometimes forgets or changes).

I had a "down" day on Sunday (sort of). Hilda spent the day with her daughter and mother. I had to work a little .... on one of the company trucks that we are readying for use. I talked to my mom on the phone a couple of times and will try to get down to see her in a week. Other than that, I watched the tube, shampooed the carpet, did some work on the computer and over ate and over drank ... enjoyed every bit of it.

I answered an interesting e-mail from India about my choices for the best 10 "voices" in rock and roll over the last 30-40 years. It is purely my choice, and the other party had their choices and we discussed our choices. We did have a lot of the same people on our mutual lists. My choices (in no particular order) were:
Ray Charles
David Clayton Thomas
Michael McDonald
Neil Diamond
Laura Nyro
Don Henley
Glenn Frey
Linda Ronstadt
Juice Newton
Jay Black (nee David Blatt)

There were many things that I thought about when I made my list, but the "voices" had to be the factor. It was very hard narrowing it to only 10. We had more discussions about best writers, best groups, favorite groups and or singers. It was a great series of chats.

Well, gotta' go and shower and eat.

have a great day/week.

LFTD



No comments:

Post a Comment