26 September 2010

Distance

You all know that I must have too much time on my hands and that I wonder about the oddest things. Well, distance is a great thing that attracts me. And distances within Texas have always attracted me, ... have you ever driven across it? 

So .... Some Texas Facts that I have collected:


        If it were a country, Texas would be the 40th largest behind Chile and Zambia.
       Total area:  268,820 sq mi
       Width:             773 miles
       Length             790 miles 


To put this is perspective, you must understand that Great Britain (the whole island … England, Scotland, and Wales) is only 84,600 sq miles (less than a 1/3 the size of Texas) and the greatest distance (from Land’s End, Cornwall to John O’Groats, Caithness) is only 601.5 miles. Better yet … it is only 529 miles from Paris, France to Prague, Czech Republic.


No comments:

Post a Comment