25 April 2012

The Return of the Desert Dude

    It has been many months since I put anything on my Blog and decided to get fully involved once again. I need to write and I need to take pictures and I have to have a place to put them ... if just for my own edification. As they say in Latin ... furor scribendi (a rage to write). Whether anyone reads them or not is not as important as putting thoughts into words and words onto paper. Actually we don't put them onto paper anymore ... just into computer memory. There are so many phrases that people use that are no longer meaningful in reality I guess.

examples: Typing (keyboarding/texting)
                      Putting words to paper (yeah ... right)
                      Like a broken record (does anyone know what a
                           record is anymore?)
                      Dial a phone (Say what?)
                      Disc Jockey (there are still DJ's but no discs ... maybe
                          they're CDJ's?)
                      And many more ... send me your list!

   Seriously, Dick Clark is dead and no one knows who he was and what he did ... we are all dinosaurs and are facing the same extinction that they did. Our fossils will be sealed in caskets though and not scattered in silt and mud. We missed our chance to become fossil fuel. But me ... cremation. Too much land already holds the remnants of people long gone, I won't take any more room up.
   Anyway ... there have been many changes in my life and my situation in these past many months. However ... the one constant and anchoring facet of my existence (the ever lovely Ms Hilda) is still around and I love her more now than anytime in our 10+ years of being an "us".
   We have some new close friends ... Jack and Jill (for real) Williamson who live in Apt 339 [2 doors down ... we are in 337] and Jini and Mike Burke who live next door in 336. Lawyers are working on Hilda's SSI Disability claim. Everyone ... except for the Social Security Administration ... agrees that she is unable to work because of her hypoglycemia unawareness. So, we shall let that take it's course, and get on with our getting on.
    I found out 19 hours ago ... on Facebook, how weird is that? ... that my cousin Jean Reynolds, in North Carolina, died.  My and Hilda's prayers go out to her husband, daughter and grandkids. Also to her sister Robyn Richardson and her/my many cousins, et al.
    I am working part time (isn't existence a bitch?) at U-STOR Self Storage in Tucson. I work one day at a facility on Miracle Mile and two days for a facility on Ruthrauff Road (at la Cholla). It is not strenuous and it puts more shekels in the coffers, so it is a good thing.
   I am writing this at work, but will add some pictures to the post when I am at home (probably in the early AM manana ... the first n should have a ~ above it, but I have not figured out how to add Spanish lettering in my posts ... and I lapse into Spanish(or more correctly Spanglish) from time to time. That is a product of my 40+ years in Arizona and my addiction to Mexican women (only Ms Hilda now!) as it were. Seriously though ... my four children are Hispanic, as are my 9 nietos (grand children), as is my ex-wife ... and my current (and future) love Ms Hilda Riesgo Reiser.
    I am going to attempt to stay away from my dread of the political future of our country and our headlong rush into Communism. I am pushing 67 (albeit a fairly healthy 67) and time is too short to be pushing my political and religious views upon an unsuspecting populace. I was thinking of re-naming my blog "Arizona Caught My Eye" ... which is going to be the name of my photographs if they appear in book form. But on thinking about it, the current title sums up what the blog is about. It came about because that is the way that I signed (and still sign) all of my e-mails for years to folks outside of my adopted state.
   So, ... if anyone anywhere cares ... the Desert Dude is back.

No comments:

Post a Comment