05 September 2013

Goings On, and minor opinions

We went to Booth-Fickett School this evening (the Commander, the Men's Auxiliary Commander, Hilda … the Ladies Auxiliary President …, her Senior Vice President, and her Youth and Americanism Chairwoman). The Ladies presented them with some backpacks for students who cannot afford them, and they presented them with a NEW State of Arizona flag for their flagpole. I was along to drive Hilda and to take pictures. The Post 549 paparazzi … that's me. I missed the first quarter of my game, but that comes with the territory. I have to get up early tomorrow to help Perry Hardee of ValuPlus Vending move some vending machines so I may not see all of tonight's game. At the beginning of the 2nd half … the hated B-More Blackbirds lead 17-14. Update: The Broncos are now leading 28-17

These are today's ACTUAL Top Stories on Google News (I read it twice a day):
1) Syria, main topic at G20 Summit
2) Senate panel backs Use of Force against Syria
3) Egyptian Minister warns of terrorism
4) Ariel Castro death not a happy ending for victims
5) Dollar climbs against Euro
6) Scarlett Johansson is engaged
      Really !!! Scarlett Johansson getting engaged is in the TOP 6 stories in the news ???? People, what are we coming to in this country? A (albeit sexy) movie star of somewhat doubtful talent snares a man and that is "Stop The Presses" news? O.K., have it your way … where can I go to read news that is news. Cannot get it on TV or the radio … newspapers are liberal jokes, so what is left?

President Obama is trying to get congressional approval before we attack Syria. And if that works, there’s talk we might even consider bringing back the rest of the Constitution. ~ Jay Leno

Today during the hearing on Syria, John McCain was caught playing poker on his Smartphone. I was like, "What? John McCain knows how to use a Smartphone?" ~ Craig Ferguson

Some of my favorites … just because.





No comments:

Post a Comment