19 August 2010

FATHER OF THE GROOM

  From Popo's Morning Rush
WCPO Channel 9 News Sports Director, John Popovich.

 FATHER OF THE GROOM

 Before I came to Cincinnati, I was a news reporter at WOC in Davenport Iowa.

    I covered a lot of city council and a lot of  political stuff. One of the guys I covered was Ed "Fast Eddie" Mezvinsky, who was the Congressman from Iowa's first district. Seemed like a pretty nice guy, but when he ditched his wife for a New York reporter, the Iowa voters ditched him. My most vivid memory is that he sat on the House Judiciary Committee that was deciding the fate of President Nixon.
   Anyway, years later, "Fast Eddie" got caught with his hand in the till. He cheated investors out of more than $10 million dollars. He went to prison for several years, and is still on parole. 


                                        (the rest of the story.....)

 This weekend, his son married Chelsea Clinton. How about that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment