07 August 2013

As Arnold said ... I'm Ba-a-a-ack!

      Here I am again ... I've been gone for a year and a month. A lot has changed in a year, nothing really important ... but a lot of daily things. I am still happily with the ever fetching Ms. Hilda, but our lifestyles have altered somewhat. I write "Sunday Letters" every week, but I hate clogging up people's in-boxes. I have to write ... 'furor scribindi ' as they say in Latin. Here ... I can write and if no one reads it, Oh Well!!. I don't write for others as much as because I have to.
     A year ago ... last July, when I last posted ... I was the immediate Past Commander of  American Legion Post 36, and now ... I haven't really been there in 8-10 months. Hilda's endocrinologist asked her to stay away from 2nd hand smoke and Post 36 is a "smoking" Post. In early December, we started going to VFW Post 549 (I am a Life Member of the VFW). Now, Ms. Hilda (who joined the Auxiliary in December) is the Auxiliary President and I am the Jr. Vice Commander of the VFW. We have met a lot of people that we are very close to and have good times with. Life is full I guess. Not too bad for poor folks. I really do not miss the 'cliques' at Post 36 or the constant politicking (sp). I am now working (part-time) for AMS Retail Services as the Tucson Account Representative. I have 29 stores and set my own schedule, which allows me time to take care of Hilda and get off for Doctor's appointments and the like. I work 12-14 hours a week and it's a good gig.
    Hilda and I had a portrait taken ... that is funny since I am a photographer. But ... she will not smile for me. I mean, she smiles at me/with me/for me a lot ... but not when a camera is in my hands. I don't understand it, but that's life with Hilda. I think it has to do with her weight. A couple of years ago, her doctor put her on Prednizone (sp) to try and control her blood sugars. She went from 138 to 215 in 90 days and, although she stopped taking the medication, has never been able to remove the weight. She is still beautiful to me (and always will be).
     Her hypoglycemia unawareness is still giving her (and me) fits. Blood sugars going crazy all times of the day and night.
    I am getting back to my photography, as time permits.

  
 
    I hope to post more soon ... again, as time permits.
L.F.T.D.


No comments:

Post a Comment