08 April 2016

  I just returned from my morning walk through the neighborhood. I thoroughly enjoy these walks ... and at 70 years old, they help keep my legs in somewhat better shape. I really enjoyed this mornings walk, as we had a desert rain last night and the air was intoxicatingly fresh, the birds were simply giddy, the plants appeared so refreshed, and my beautiful Catalina Mountains were well defined and topped with clouds ... God is Great!
  However, the early AM trek was marred by one of my main peeves, a car ... didn't see the occupants, but judging by the car I suspect they were youngish ... dumped a bag containing their left over McDonalds breakfast (and the paper products that entails) out of their car window into the street. You should be able to shoot assholes like that ... without fear of recrimination!!!
  Other than that ... it was a great walk. Now, for a shower and some breakfast. And ... here are some of the things I enjoyed seeing this fabulous morning here in the desert! :-)
Yucca blooms on 8th Street



 My favorite tree here in Arizona,
the Palo Verde (Green Stick or limb),
all the limbs are green

I adore this half walk nest to the carport





The prickly pear are blooming nicely


No comments:

Post a Comment