12 April 2016

   Lovely walk this morning, overcast with a slight drizzle ... the desert is coming alive with our spring rains. Should be about 76 later in the day though, and mostly sunny. I have to take Ms. Hilda to her endocrinologist this morning at 1100, then lunch, and then looking at a new (firmer)mattress ... gathering prices at this point. Is there a day in the year when mattresses ARE NOT on sale?
  The Catalinas (the mountains that loom over Tucson) have been so well defined lately ... you can see where the canyons divide the various sections ... I never tire of gazing at those peaks. We, here in the city are at 2000 ft. above sea level and the mountains rise to over 9000 ft. above sea level.
 
      I am continuing my religious studies, when I have time here in my "Man Cave", and I read books on the subject for about an hour before I sleep. At the present time, I am studying how translation problems affected the message and the meanings of some Biblical texts and how some interpretations may be slightly altered. I only wish that I could read Greek and Aramaic ... but, alas, I must go with studying the confusing list of books available. One of the best that I am reading at the present is "The Bible in Translation" by Bruce M. Metzger. I have read it twice and am now studying it (which is totally different than the reading of it).
   On a more secular note ... got a fresh box of Black Abyss Banshees in yesterday ... shall have one (or two) at the Wednesday Poker Game!
I know, I know ... Cigars are bad for you! But I'm 70 1/2 and I enjoy the occasional one. Besides ... because of my elevated A1C levels and possible diabetes, I have reduced my consumption of beer to a level unseen since my teen years. Need to resume my trips to the gym though.


No comments:

Post a Comment