07 June 2006

Rain and other things

Today (Wednesday), we got a real gully washer/ frog drowner of a rain storm ...... about a third of an inch at the airport, but MUCH more in the south central part of the city. We also had some rain yesterday. This is very unusual because the first part of June is the driest time in our year usually. I welcome the much needed and beloved moisture to our desert area. The aroma of the Palo Verde, the creosote bushes and the trees in my area is almost overwhelming. We should get down to the low 70's tonight and only in the low 90's maƱana. What a pleasent evening.

Work has been ... long hours, hard work and very little sleep. But ... the money wil be great. I get paid on the 20th and am going to go and fetch my nieto Devin Thomas up to Tucson for a week or two ... or three.

It is now Saturday, I got in 68 hours this week and expect pretty much the same next week. The money will be good, but my ancient body is beginning to feel the wear and tear. I like what I am doing, and I am good at it, but the hours are truly long.

Update on our Tucson weather, triple digits are forecasted for all of next week ... peaking at about 108-109 for a couple of days. It's been really hot today, but the humidity was down to single digits ... so it wasn't really bad.

We went to get Hilda a haircut the other day. It is now short again ... the way it looks best. I never get tired of looking at her. She is so sweet. She gets on my nerves at times (probably my fault) ... she is not very educated (she has a high school degree but doesn't read a lot and has no desire to expand her educational horizons) .. but she loves me a lot and is very good to me. I find that days without her are boring and I look forward to her being here. I am very lucky to have met her and even luckier that she is still around.

After a few paychecks, I plan to take her to northern Arizona, possibly Las Vegas in the fall, and a definate maybe to go to Weatherford, Texas this winter to see Dr. McGowen.

Life is not GOOD yet, but is getting better. I am healthy and so is my mom. I eat on a regular basis and I sleep indoors... I am lucky I guess.

I hope that my friends and extended family around the U.S. are all doing well and enjoying their lives.

Hug someone this week that you haven't hugged before (or in a long time).

No comments:

Post a Comment