27 June 2006

Thoughts for a Tuesday

I am starting to tire out a little with the new job. Been a long time since I worked these kinds of hours constantly. And 6 hours of sleep is much less than an 'old' man needs. There are 'bags' under my eyes. I will survive it though. "I am strong ... I am woman ..." oops, wrong song, huh?

H and I are planning to take a 3 day weekend to northern Az / the Canyon on 4-6 August. I hope that the fires are out by then. Her first view of the canyon should not be clouded by smoke. In the 52 years that she has lived in Arizona, she had never been to Las Vegas or the Canyon (the Grand Canyon of the Colorado). We went to Mickey and Patricia in Vegas (they are the greatest hosts in the world) and now, she gets to see the Canyon, and Montezuma's Castle and Flagstaff. I really love doing things for her because she enjoys things so much. She really makes my heart warm when she smiles ... and when she says ".. cool .." (which she ONLY says when she is impressed or happy). I guess it is not rare for Arizonans to have NOT visited the Canyon. I remember in Virginia when I went to colonial Williamsburg and to Jamestown and went back to Danville. I found that NONE of my friends had ever been there! And in 'Nam, I knew a guy from New York State who had never been to Niagara Falls or the Statue of Liberty, et al. Anyway, I am hoping that she has a great time.

Work, back to that again, .... is interesting and challenging (helps my mental faculties, which were waning) and I am very active (helps my weight and my waistline) and the money is great (helps my being able to eat and live indoors). Life is good!

Devin and I are watching "The Princess Bride", one of the cutest movies of all time in my humble opinion. And ... my opinion is the one that counts.

It has been really great having Devin in Tucson. And, his brother should join us in a day or so. Being a tata is the greatest, if I only had more financial resourcesto be able to do more with them. They don't need money, but time and experiences are expensive in themselves.

Have a great week and hug someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment