25 June 2006

Sunday.. again

Well, it's another Sunday. I am awake and have clothes in the dryer and dishes in the dishwasher. The Sunday Arizona Daily Star is lying on my computer desk and I have hazelnut coffee and a Kaiser roll with cream cheese next to me. Hilda and Devin are asleep... all is good with the world. I read the "Sunday funnies" a while ago (I get most of them daily on my e-mail). I have the TV on and am watching an interview with Robert Duvall... one of the best actors of all time in my book. In a bit, I will fix breakfast for everyone and we will go to the pool and enjoy the sun for a while.

We went to the Tucson Sidewinders game last night. Most of you may know, from past letters from me, that they are our local AAA baseball team ... the farm team of the Arizona Diamondbacks. We played the Las Vegas 51's, a Dodger farm team. We were losing 6-4 in the bottom of the 9th and rallied to win by one ... and we never made an out in that inning. We are leading the Pacific League by about 10 games I think. Our ballpark is built below street level, the grassy seating area beyond center field ... above the outfield fence is actually at street level. They dug a big hole and the stadium is IN the hole. We love it. Hilda and I enjoy the ball games, but ballpark prices on food and drink really irritate us. I mean, $2.75 for a bottle of no-name water and $4.75 / $6.75 for a draft beer? Not to mention $4.95 for nachos that sell in the Circle K for $1.19. This is, after all, a minor league ball park and ball game. Devin got sort of bored before the end of the game. Most kids now-a-days have really short attention spans. I believe that this is caused by video games, TV, etc. They want everything to be action, action, action and to be over quickly. Just sitting seems to an anathema.

It is now after 1800 hours, we watched Open Range with Robert Duvall and Kevin Costner. Afterwards, I took Hilda home and I am now watching Hildago. I would LOVE to watch the first part of the new Robert Duvall western tonight on AMC, but I got a call from my boss, and she'd like me there early because there is a mixup on a Wal-Mart and I have to reload a truck at 0400. So .... that means early to bed and early to rise. Won't make me healthy or wise, but will put some extra dollars in my coffers.

I will post some pictures tomorrow or Tuesday and hopefully my schedule will allow me more free time in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment