26 April 2006

Hello America ... and all the ships at sea. Just came from a meeting of the E-6 (the Eclectic 6) ... that strange group of friends that I have. We were discussing Tony Snow's new job, the e-mail of the head honcho at the NY Times, and saving the world in our various ways. Luckily, Slim brought the wine and Black and Tans and Reinhardt did the steaks. I took heart that no one knew that I was short of cash. We are all glad that Tony got the job with the Prez. We disagreed on the proposition that the news has the right to publish "secret" documents. I see that as espionage .. not necessarily treason ... a prosecutable offense. Espionage is when you give secrets out to someone that is intended to or enables an enemy to get the upper hand. But, I am politically naive I have been told. I should stick to Haiku and news of the local desert. We are still experiencing 'normal' Tucson weather ... high 80's / low 90's ...... but have a SLIGHT chance of rain on Friday. Yeah .. right! We have the big Mariachi Conference in town this weekend, we'll probably go to the DeMeester Bandshell at Reed Park for the all day show on Saturday. I had to miss my main man ... the incredible Bob Dylan ... at the Community Center this month. No ready cash. Tickets were $66 apiece. Oh well, such is life. I am relaxing after work, eating some crock pot chicken and rice and watching some TV while listening to some Delbert in the background. I only have about 3 hours from get-home time to lie-down-and read time. A man's gotta' do.. etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment