26 April 2006

On April 26th, 1607, the first British colonists to establish a permanent settlement in America landed at Cape Henry, Va. I was raised in Virginia and we took a lot of Virginia history. Some dates just linger in my mind.

I love the early part of the day, especially the weekends. I remember, in my younger days, I was a night person ... but as I have aged (like fine wine) I find that the best time of the day is that pre-dawn to dawn time frame. Things are more real, the earth is quieter and the harshness of things is somewhat muted by the hazy light. At times, it is only the birds and me who seem to be stirring. I went for a walk about 0530 and it truly invigorated me. Too bad I have to spoil all this by going to work. I am putting it off best I can. I have the TV on the local news/weather/traffic. I need to see where the delays are before hitting the road. I have Jimmie Dale Gilmore's CD "Spinning Around the Sun" playing on the computer. But ... the clock above the computer tells me I must get out of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment