26 April 2006

A little poem of mine, hope you don't mind. But then again, it's my damn blog, huh?

When you have little money and lots of time
you appreciate things that don't cost a dime
sitting home and chilling out
can sometimes be what it's all about
a friend or lover to share your day
a few cold beers, now that's the way
classic movies, home made stew
grilled cheese sandwiches, that'll do
comfort food and time to kill
a quiet Sunday that's oh so real
I feel lucky that I can do
all the things I just wrote to you
an added bonus is my internet
now how much better can my life get
a note from friends so far away
a joke or two to brighten my day
news of deaths, a birth or two
anniversaries, and birthdays too
some e-mails to just say hi
some tell of time just passing by
so as lazy Sunday comes to an end
I bid a fond adieú my friend
and hope your day was gladly spent
and not marred by a sad event
as Monday looms not far ahead
a day that some do dearly dread
I hope your week ahead is fine
and I also wish the same for mine

No comments:

Post a Comment