30 April 2006

Sunday night... and after

For some odd reason, I seem to have have been on the computer all the time of late. Do I have a life? I hope so, but if work is not a life and sleep is not a life, then I probably have little or no life. That's all I do. Here I sit, staring at stuff on my monitor and watching Myth Busters on The Discovery Channel. This is not what I expected of my later years.

And dreams ... of late, I've had some weird ones. I dreamed last evening of my cousin Dean and his late brother Larry and his mother (my aunt Helen) who has also passed. The thing was, they were all here and they were the age when I last laid eyes on them. Dean and Larry were teenagers and their mom was young. I, however, was my present age. Dean will love that, being that much younger than me. I have also dreamed a lot about handguns lately ... very unusual for me. I am not anti-gun, but this fixation over several nights got my attention.

I have the love of a very wonderful lady, and I love her. But lately I have been feeling that I need a weekend or two by myself. During the week, I arise early (0500) and arrive at work by 0730 - 0800. After a day of work, I return home about 1730 (5:30 PM). I cook dinner, check my mail, sit in the jacuzzi for 20 minutes (my arthritic knee you know), eat, shower and lie down to read.There is no time to accomplish the day-to-day things I want (and feel obligated) to accomplish. Then comes the weekend. I spend most of Saturday taking Hilda shopping, I cook dinner, we watch a movie and it's bed time. Sunday morning I wash my clothes, eat, check my mail, read the Sunday paper, then she gets up and I fix her breakfast and wash the dishes. We watch a program or two and then I take her home. It is an hour+ roundtrip between our houses. I feel a break is needed. Oh well, it's better than being alone .... I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment