01 May 2006

Random thoughts, .. do I ever have other kinds?

Here in the desert southwest, we are in full late-spring swing. Temperatures in the 90's for at least the next seven days. It is 65 here now (0500 hrs ..... 5 AM) It is supposed to be over 100 in the western part of the state today, around Gila Bend or Yuma I think. At least we don't get those violent storms like the ones in Texas last week.

Today is .. "The Day Without Immigrants". Excuse me, but immigrants are people who legally immigrate to the U.S. Illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are criminals. And don't give me that stuff about them taking jobs that no one else wants at minimum wage. In Tucson, there are MANY of them in the $10-$18 per hour range. That is more than I make. A company that I used to work for, Patio Pools of Arizona, had to hold seperate safety meetings each month for half the employees because they could not/ would not understand English. At Escalante Concrete, they had 7-8 people working on the same driver's license / social security card. Those were just the ones I knew about. Where I work now, there is a guy named Leo, real name Raul, who makes the same per hour that I make but he doesn't pay taxes. He is paid in cash, as are all the cleaning people. He speaks no English, although I know that he understands it. I've caught him several times in situations that he had to clearly understand what we were saying in order to do what he did. I have nothing against Mexican-Americans, but I am steadfastly against illegal aliens.

No comments:

Post a Comment