14 May 2006

More on Mother's Day

So, .... I wrote about Chris Gussa and I didn't want a 1000 word blog entry. So, I am writing again. I am sending a couple of BLOG entries out as e-mails to certain people because I think that they'd be interested. I have found that ... given time alone ... I am very lazy now-a-days. I can sit in front of computer / TV / stereo for an unlimited number of hours ... with NO ACTUAL REMORSE. I think that maybe ... because I have no long periods of inactivity alone ...that I just tend to sit and relax too much when that type of down time is available. I also have eaten way too much today ... I can eat every 40 minutes or so, if I do not keep track. If I retired, I should gain 200 pounds unless I am able to find something to keep me extremely busy. I have been writing, sort of ... but because I have been listening to a lot of music written by writers whom I consider MAJOR writers of poetry ... my stuff seems so infantile and trite that I destroyed most of it.

I have been working on a short story .. the finished work hasn't pleased me yet ... called DEATH BY COP. It is about a guy who reaches the edge ..... lost his family, has few friends, low paying job who decides to END IT ALL (sound like anyone we know?)... he does so by confronting Police officers with a gun and refusing to give up (Suicide by confrontation as it were) but he only gets wounded, albeit severely, and has to live the rest of his life in prison, and with limited use of his arms and legs. I'm trying to-work out the details, but I believe that I AM NO WRITER ... but I feel that way everytime I write anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment