16 May 2006

Middle of May

This will probably be a long post. I say that because I have nothing to say. Whenever I have nothing to say, it always takes me two pages to NOT say it.

I have been listening to music (surprise, surprise) and watching a biography of Emeril La Gasse on the food network. He's a keeper. What energy, and what a sense of food and entertainment. What a man.

The music of the day, as it were ... is "A Nod to Bob", a lot of people doing Bobbie Dylan songs for his birthday and Robert Earl Keen's "Gravitational Forces".

I talked to one of my nietos today (Devin Thomas Rigney) and I am bringing him and his brother Abel up for the weekend. There is a birthday party at Hilda's for her niece's son Maximus, who turns 5. The nietos will get in some swimming at my place on Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I have been working as a maintenance man for two of the sweetest people in the world, AzANG General Ulay Littleton and his wife Julie. But I have been offered a position making about $400 a month more. I am certain I shall take it ... hell, money is money. I shall know more next Tuesday, and shall certainly post it on this BLOG .... that's what I do you know. It is a "temporary" job of about a year's duration. But then, I shall be 6 months short of Social Security .... you know, 18 months is all I have left before social security (pitiful, isn't it) and I can do anything for 6 months.

Today's thought:
If we could shrink the earth's population to a village of 100 people, with everything else remaining the same, it would look like this:
There would be:
* 57 Asians
* 21 Europeans
* 14 from the Western Hemisphere,
* 8 Africans,

* 52 would be female
* 48 would be male

* 70 would be non-white
* 30 would be white

* 70 would be non-Christian
* 30 would be Christian

* 95 would be heterosexual
* 5 would be homosexual

* 6 people would own 59% of the world's wealth, and all 6 would be from the United States

* 80 would live in substandard housing

* 70 would be unable to read

* 50 would suffer from malnutrition

* 1 would be near death
* 1 would be near birth

* 1 would have a college education

* 1 would own a computer

* 0 would play oboe

NOTE: I played oboe in the 7th and 8th grade at Robert E. Lee Junior High in Danville, Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment