11 May 2006

Yakkity yak .. sleepless time

I know that I have much more than verbose this last couple of weeks, but that's why I have a BLOG and don't write letters anymore. If you want to read my thoughts, you do. If you don't, you no longer have to bother to delete them. I get to put my thoughts and pictures in e-mail like form and I am not bothering anyone. I am sorry that I can no longer give everyone HAPPY BIRTHDAY and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY wishes on a weekly basis. But then again, I don't know that anyone ever wanted me to do that. I started my "infamous SUNDAY LETTER" years ago .... probably 5 ..... when I was writing to cousin Jean, I discovered cousin Dean with whom I had not spoken in decades, added him and his siblings, added Jean's sister Robyn, then the people on the list started to snowball. Recipients came and went and I often wondered if they wanted to read my musings at all. So, along comes BLOGGER.COM to the rescue. I still write, I still add pictures, I still write poetry, I still get your e-mails. But, I know that the reason I am writing is the same reason everyone else writes ....... ME, my ego and my need to put thoughts and ideas down into words. I would like for all my friends ... and a myriad group of strangers to read my stuff and make comments. However, some have said that they "forget" to go to the blog. And others have said that they do not want their comments made public or viewed by everyone in the world. That is why I still have an e-mail address. I write a lot ... you'd be surprised at how many I put in draft form and then decide the next day to delete. I type probably 2 hours a day. On this blog, on All Poetry.com, on several political blogs and sites ... my answers and comments on another person's writings. This keyboard is getting worn out. But I love it.It is late. I got called out of my slumber to go across town and repair an electrical problem at one of the rentals. Thought that I would listen to some music before trying to get back to sleep.
have a great weekend. Bill Hearne is great ... he's older than me, and fatter ... but what a voice. He sings Ian better than Ian. He has a great rendition of his nephew's song (Michael Hearne's 'New Mexico Rain') and he sings the best "cowboy" / "southwestern" songs in the world. I am making a CD of some of his stuff to send to Dr. McGowen ... a must hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment