04 May 2006

Thursday - pre dawn

Authors that I am currently reading:
C.J. Box "Savage Run", James Lee Burke "Neon Rain", Ian Rankin "Black and Blue", Ray Bradbury "From The Dust Returned".

CD's that currently have my attention:
Lyle Lovett "My Baby Don't Tolerate", Charlie Daniels Band "Road Dogs", John Denver "Greatest Country Hits", Vince Redhouse "A Long Way Home".

BLOGS I am visiting:
Mine, jkirlin.blogspot.com, hughhewitt.com, radioblogger.com, instapundit.com

My (current) favorite old poem of mine:

Storm

The desert rain pours down amid multitudinous flashes of lightning.
Ominous thunder booming like kettle drums in a Wagnarian opera.
Hot though our desert is, the rain is icy cold.
I sit in the open doorway astride an ancient kitchen chair,
drawn to the majesty of the monsoonal opera.
Hard,cold rain pellets beating against my skin and clothes.
The walkways become tributaries flowing to the parking lot river.
The majestic saguaros sit in small pools, drinking in their wetness.
Tomorrow they'll smile in an even greener hue.
But now,although the thunder still echoes quietly,
the fury passes as the storm stumbles slowly westward.
The rain, now a steady downpour, feeds the desert's thirst.
I think of you at times like these.
You loved the rain, and the aroma of the desert wetness.
But my tears no longer flow with the rain,
you are not forgotten but you are gone.
wet

No comments:

Post a Comment