23 May 2006

Middle of the week thoughts

O.K., it's not the middle of the week really, but when Tuesday's work day is over ... it's hump day to me.

I took the other job today, start next Tuesday (but have some 3 hours of meeting/training on Friday) delivering and doing warehouse work for Audit Insights, they are subcontractors for Market Decisions. They do the leg work on product research for large national companies. The one I'll be working on is for Proctor-Gamble. I will also be working part-time for the people that I am currently working for. They wished me well and I'll still be doing part-time maintenance (mostly electrical) for them. I feel that this gives me maximum potential for earning the most, but still leaving me time to sleep and eat.

I have been thinking, over the last few weeks, about essential foods. I don't know if I have written this before ... if I have, sorry about that. I feel that "essential" foods are those that we feel that we HAVE to have in our house at all times. They could be meat, vegetable, condiments, spices, whatever. These are things that, rich or poor, you feel are essential. I think that I know mine .... they are (in no particular order):

Bread (anything but white) .. whole wheat/rye/Asiago cheese/bagels/kaiser rolls/French/whole wheat tortillas
Cheese .. cheddar/swiss/Hulami/jack/pepperjack/Mexican (several varieties)
Chiles .. fresh/canned/jarred
Eggs ... usually 2 dozen minimum
Miracle Whip Salad Dressing ... large jar (or two)
Onion ... Yellow/white/sweet
Mushrooms ... whatever I can afford
Garlic .. whole cloves/seasoning/etc
Carrots ... fresh/canned/bagged baby ones
Tomato sauce .. regular/spicy/HOT
Margarine ... 3 lbs at all times
Wine or beer
Diet soda
Water .. bottled
EVOO .. extra virgin olive oil

There are other things in my pantry and fridge ... but these HAVE to be in there. Or, at least I feel that they need to be there. I am certain that everyone who reads this has their short list of ingredients like mine, but different.

Let me know what your essentials are.

No comments:

Post a Comment