29 December 2006

2006-2007

I am not going to get on my soapbox, but I am appalled at the people who want to be the next President. I wonder if ... in the old days ... there were any honest politicians or Presidents. I realize that all people are people ... but I wish there were someone who was NOT a professional politician who could get elected to office and serve the "needs and wants" of his constituents. We were supposed to be a Republic ... but that quickly fell by the wayside. Now we are a nation of poor and middle class dummies ruled by an elite .. hell we aught to have a King or a Queen. I know that if we got a free thinking President who had morals, intelligence, common sense and all the other accoutrement's of a great and wonderful head of state ... the Congress and the over-powerful Judiciary would just crucify him. And that is to say nothing of our bleeding heart, liberal media. Politicians believe that they have the RIGHT and the NEED to tell all us "Common" folk how to live our lives and what to think. Whatever happened to the notion of "... by the people and for the people ..."? Am I in the minority on this? I realize that there are folks out there who do not have the same views as I do about guns, abortion, immigration, gays and lesbians, government handouts to other countries, the United (stupid) Nations, et al. But, ... can't we discuss those things like adults? And what about saddling EVERY bill that gets on the floor of congress with pork barrel items that have nothing what so ever to do with the bill. You have to vote down a perfectly good piece of legislation because some asshole has inserted a piece of shit into it which doesn't affect the bill, but pads the payrolls and pockets of cronies and patrons and people back home. That is BULL SHIT. Is there NO morality extant in this country? I mean, shit, if you want to spend a billion dollars on some stupid project back home ... place a bill on the floor and lets vote on your stupid idea. Don't attempt to 'hide' it in some other bill. I have been thinking seriously of leaving this country with my Social Security and living in some third world environment that is somewhat free of such high minded government interference. Maybe I shall go to India with friend Marla or Mexico with friend Fred. Canada is too damn cold, I'd have to head south.

That was in 2006 ... it is now the nippy Monday morning that is the beginning of 2007.

Ms. Hilda is sleeping in and I have just returned from the Safeway (grocery store) with mushrooms and cheese for our omelets which I will whip up momentarily. We took a small chance on unknown quantities and spent New Year's Eve at Post 36 of the American Legion. We ate a nice dinner there and heard ... what we both described as ..... the most enjoyable band that we have had the pleasure of listening to in decades. They are called Desert Knights, and are basically an 'oldies' country band. They play some old rock n' roll, really good blues, et al, but
(I suspect) the environment, age group, and musical tastes of the attendees dictated the play list somewhat. They are a group of 3 men, probably ranging in age from mid 40's to early 60's ... Kenny on bass and harmonica, Ray on drums, and Jim (Dr James Keleher, a local chiropractor) on guitar. Their harmonies are excellent, all three sing lead at times, and reminds me somewhat of the type of harmonies that TomPall and the Glaser Brothers had in their day. Hilda and I had planned to make an early evening of it and ring in the beginning of 2007 in our side by side recliners. However, we so thoroughly enjoyed the music that we stayed until after midnight. They played songs that I had not heard in years and I loudly (and badly) sang along with almost every tune that they played. I laid my cane aside and danced several dances with Ms Hilda, ... for which I shall pay today with increased pain in my right knee. WE certainly look forward to spending evenings with them and their music in the future.

I hope that everyone of you has a glorious and happy and event-filled 2007.

Love From the Desert from Antonio and Ms Hilda

Peace, Love and Hugs

No comments:

Post a Comment