19 December 2006

Nearly Christmas

Tuesday 19 Dec:
We (Hilda and moi') went shopping, again, tonight and then to the French Quarter for dinner .... fried oysters Po' Boys, crawfish etoufee, hush puppies, and Bass Ale. Thank you Ms Hilda.

Actually heard some "good" Christmas music on the way home ... courtesy of KXCI ... 'Old Toy Trains' by Roger Miller, 'Christmas in Luckenbach', 'All I want for Christmas is You', 'Mama Said Santa Can't Stay' and others. I may get in the spirit in spite of myself.

I have two job interviews tomorrow (and am working 8 hours) ... tis the season I guess.

Wednesday 20 Dec.
Didn't get back to writing last night, sorry. I am watching the U of A play Memphis in basketball ... the game is here in town. Eating home-made soup and having a glass of wine. Wrapping some small presents during breaks in the action (large gifts were killed by the fuel pump problem in the Buick last weekend). But ... it;'s the love and the thought ...right?

I have been sending out a personal letter to someone who is important to me, and a Christmas card.... I had to say a personal hello.

For the rest of you... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, PEACE ... and Love from the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment