10 December 2006

Guns .. again

I have caught some flak about my post with the "catch-phrases" about guns and gun ownership. I keep hearing the words ... "guns kill people or people with guns kill people". If we took guns away from everyday people, then (I feel) that only criminals and dishonest people would have weapons. Any laws or enforcements that we have, or could pass, would have no effect on those persons acquiring and having weapons. I am against normal people getting murdered, as are all other responsible persons. But, ... as man has been killing man with everything that could/can be used for as long as man has existed ... I feel as though gun ownership, knife ownership, baseball bat ownership and any other heavy blunt object / sharp object ownership should not be infringed upon. BUT ... if one person kills another, he also dies. And NOT after 30 years of haggling by the defense attorneys and the ACLU inspired bleeding-heart crazies.

No comments:

Post a Comment