24 July 2006

Comments

Had several comments on the blog in July, thanks for the interest. I REALLY didn't believe that anyone read it. I was hoping "lillady" would e-mail me again. But ... not so far. However, I shall remain vigilant.

Things here in the desert southwest are fairly normal for the time of year. It was about 107 today and I spent much of the time on our loading dock in the sun, as my helper was home ill. No shade, and it was sort of hot. When I came home, I spent some jacuzzi time and had a lap or two in the pool. I feel much better now, a few Sam Adams Brown Lagers and an old Basil Rathbone 'Sherlock Holmes' movie on the telly. Will watch Orson Welles in "The Third Man" afterwards. I had made some calabasitas last evening and I reheated some with some BBQ Pollo (chicken) on the side .. that I had in the fridge. Quite a nice repast if you ask me. The Brown Ale went nice with the BBQ Chicken and calabacitas. I sliced an avacado and sauteed some shitakis. I am quite full, thank you.

I have another week until my "3 whole days" off. It will be my first mini-vacation (or any other type of vacation) in quite a while. I have been watching the temps in northern AZ and I shall have to pack a sweater or two ... cuz Dean will guffaw at this ... as it will get down to the high 50's at night and only up to the low 80's during the day. Sort of chilly for me at this time of year. We'll leave Tucson and it's 100+ temps and exchange them for Flagstaff's 70's and 80's. Cousin Dean wears shorts and sandals until the temps are below freezing.

I am attempting to straighten and organize my apartment this week, as I have been extremely lax in it's upkeep of late. I am putting more wall shelves in the bedroom and getting rid of lots of useless clutter that has accumulated over time. The only clutter that I cannot part with are photographs. One of these days I will attempt to scan ALL of my photographs and put them on CDs. But ... that will take a bunch of time and CDs. I have probably 10,000 + photos in my tiny apartment. I am also going through my polo shirts, dress shirts, and slacks and giving the Goodwill some of the older ones.

I have noticed something about myself of late. I have always been organized (to a fault, some have said) and given to an abhorance about clutter and unorganized areas. But ... in the last 6-8 months, I have allowed myself to get UN-ORGANIZED ! ... and it has started to bother me somewhat (O.K. ... a lot). I need to recover my organizational skills and my desire for same. The reasons are old age and living alone I guess. Hermits are unkempt because they think that no one notices ... or cares.

No comments:

Post a Comment