27 July 2006

Thursday afternoon

It is Thursday afternoon about 1500 (3 PM) and I am awaiting the COX Cable guy. My Internet connection has been very iffy at times of late. I will be online and the modem starts flashing on 'send' or 'receive' and I am not online any longer. It has to be in their cable coming to the apartment.

We have been blessed by the rain God since last evening. It rained most of the night and continued a steady drizzle all morning until right after lunch today. It was a most beautiful day ... all rainy and overcast. When you live in the desert, you learn to love the rain. At work, we occasionally went outside the warehouse and stood in the drizzle. It felt so wonderful ... especially when the breeze blew upon us.

The COX guy came by ... they need to replace the cable from the apartments termination area on the end of my building to my apartment. They'll start on the 7th. Meanwhile ... I shall suffer the slings and arrows, etc. ad infinitum. I have a free weekend on the 4-7 of August ... will be gone to northern AZ. So, I shall overcome.

I have been watching the news about Israel and the Hezbollah and am utterly amazed by the major networks / newspapers reports that talk about ISRAEL bombing INNOCENT Lebanese and yet HAVE NOT condemned the Hezbollah rocket attacks against Israel which targets/targeted non combatants / civilians. After all ... this is what started the whole mess. Hezbollah's desire and stated aim ... TO WIPE ISRAEL FROM THE MAP. I fear that mainstream American news sources are for the bad guys and against American friends and American interests and America. Anything that they can do to undermine America, it's allies and it's interests is THE WAY TO GO. As a former military man and a veteran of a foreign war and a supporter of our military, I am disappointed by the way that military people and goals are looked downed upon and disparaged by SOME Americans. I AM NOT ... "For War". Almost no military people are for war. They stand to lose the most. But ... military people are prepared for conflict and ready to give their lives, if needed, to protect our way of life. They do not just give their lives for people who support them ... but for all of us. Even the draft dodging / protesting / anti-military / anti-American elements among our citizens have the rights they have and the freedom they have because SOME American men and women were prepared to lay their future and their lives on the line to preserve those rights. As the bumper sticker says .."If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier". We need more George Pattons, Robert E. Lees, etc. ... men who are willing to fight and die for their belief in a cause. Thank you God for FOX News and conservative talk radio. I am starting to feel like a German Jew in 30's - 40's Germany. I cannot make anyone hear what I hear or see what I see, but ... after I am gone (and those like me are gone) some might say ... "we didn't know THIS was what was coming". One of my favorite movies of all time was and is "RED DAWN" with Patrick Swayze. We are getting there quickly, and with the "leftists" [sorry for bringing that word in, as it sets a couple of people I know into Hissy Fits] running things, we may not have any "Wolverines". You won't understand that if you've never seen the movie.

Too much soapbox ... sorry.

LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment