16 July 2006

A few Haiku, a few words

I had not written much poetry or haiku of late, but some spewed out yesterday early. I thought that I would put it down for your perusal.

In the daily grind
our morning coffee must be
areally good grind

fast food for breakfast
a super sized Big Mac lunch
the fast lane to fat

skinny bike riders
poured into neon spandex
do they have a job?

commuter traffic
cell phones and mugs of coffee
driving must come last

I-pod in one ear
cell phone stuck to the other
silence has no place

sitting in silence
just being and relaxing
a forgotten art

real conversation
home made, pre-Starbucks, coffee
relics of the past

dining room tables
unused and covered with junk
where did we go wrong?

Families don't talk
they e-mail or text message
conversation's dead

Well, they're almost rantings from atop a soapbox, or so they seem as I re-read them. But ... it's my BLOG and so I guess you're stuck with them. They are based on my daily observations of my fellow Sapiens, and filtered through my own set of predjudices.

No comments:

Post a Comment