18 July 2006

Haiku .. again

We (here on the east side of Tucson) have gotten some rain, but other parts of the city have not been so fortunate. It rained a couple of hours last evening and we had lots of "noise" in the storm department. It cooled down somewhat today, it's 102 right now and doesn't feel bad at all. Pretty comfortable at work ... around 100-101. It is almost 1500 (3 PM) and I am home from work. Things have slowed somewhat and I am only doing about 9 hours a day ... feels like half-days really. I get to work about 0415-0430 and am hoping to continue getting off about 1400 (2 PM).

I am really looking forward to the first weekend in August ... although being off that Friday and that Saturday half-day will cost me over $350, that hurts a poor guy. But it'll be nice to get three days in a row off. And northern AZ will be nice and cool in August, it is 73 in Flagstaff as we speak ... or actually, AS I WRITE. Some common (to me) phrases are getting outdated I guess. One of them is ".. like a broken record.." as most people don't know what a record is, much less what a broken one sounds like. Is there any vernacular in CD / MP3 "speak' that equates? ....... Let me know Dean, you're up on all the new stuff.

A few haiku, not great ones, but they came out ... so I send them.


Grunts in my garden
nearsighted javelinas
gather their dinner

******

words come from my mind
sometimes silly, sometimes wise
I have no control

******

I started the BLOG
but now, it controls my life
or, the life I had

******

Holy Trinity
the triangle of my faith
brings me great comfort

******

Lord is my shepard
brings me strength when I am weak
oh, rock of my faith

******

all men have the books
Qur'an, Torah and Bible
but, we must obey

******

Oh, Prince Siddhartha
help me reach enlightenment
bring peace to my heart

No comments:

Post a Comment