29 July 2006

Saturday morning

It has been raining almost all night and is currently pouring ... it is wonderful. I am at work and had to navigate through flooded streets to get here. I did want my helper to put new rear brake pads on my Buick today, but .. the rain is really nice. We have been blessed with rain the last few days, but this morning I saw the BEST monsoon rains that I have seen in years. Visibility was nil in the pre-dawn darkness as I was driving here. (it is now about 0545).

I have been reading the Tucson Daily Star, our morning paper, and the front page story. It is about a 41 year old woman here in town, Laurie-Ann Fuca, who is leaving for boot camp next week. She is the oldest woman in Arizona to enter the Army and she has a 19 year old son presently in Iraq. She is planning to be the Army equivalent of a hospital paramedic. Her husband Vinnie is a former Tucson Police officer.

There is a 41 year old woman in Texas who is due to leave for boot camp the same week as her daughter (although in different states), and a grandmother in Alabama recently enlisted and is in training as an explosives expert after her soldier daughter was injured by a homemade bomb in Iraq. Kick some butt ladies !!

Have a great weekend .... and I will sit here at work and enjoy the rain. It is now almost 0800 and still raining.

LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment