29 November 2006

Christmas Music

Now, ...... before I start .... I like the Christmas season. I even like Christmas Carols. I can even put up with 'Jingle Bell Rock', 'Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree' and 'Feliz Navidad' on occasion. But, all that being said, it is the 29th of November and I am burnt out on Christmas music. Every station .... I listen to an oldies station, a country station, a rock station, et al .... has started playing X-mas tunes about every third song. If I could get my ancient hands around Jose Feliciano's throat, ... he'd be in danger. I actually screamed in my car this afternoon ... I changed stations three times and 3 out of the 4 were playing "Feliz Navidad" the other had a commercial on. This is considered cruel and inhumane punishment in most civilized countries. My radio is turned off until 2007. Only tapes (yes I still have cassettes) and CDs. About a week before the 25th, I shall listen to 'Oh Little Town of Bethlehem', 'It Came Upon a Midnight Clear' and others. But ... you can be certain that Jose will not be on my playlist. Not this year or next. His tune is the "Viva Las Vegas" of Christmas tunes. I realize that he probably got very rich on that thing, but my ears refuse to listen to it again this year if possible.

O.K., I dismount from my soapbox and leave you to your Christmas season.

PEACE

No comments:

Post a Comment