30 November 2006

Desert Weather

You all know about desert weather ... sunshine, heat, etc. .... right?

WRONG !

Our weather
the last few days has been colder than cousin Dean's in Baltimore. Hard freezes three days in a row... should be about 25 degrees tonight at my house. Highs only in the low 60's. Where did autumn go? At work ... warehouse with concrete floors and walls, no heat and a big open door .... the weather has been horrible. Windy days and cold temps have kept the warehouse cold all day. At 0930 this morning, it was only 41 degrees at my desk (and that doesn't count the constant breeze coming in through the door).

Maybe it will get back to 'normal' before Christmas.

Oh well, must take the good with the bad I guess.

I received a picture (sort of a Christmas card) from cousin Robyn. I really LOVE getting pictures of those who are on my computer list of friends and family. When you don't see, and haven't seen, people in years .... pictures are so important. And you know something that interests me? When I see pictures of family and friends that are taken around their homes ... I really notice their surroundings. Pictures on the walls, furniture, plants (when outside), etc. Those things put you more in touch with who the people are than just a simple picture. Some of my computer friends know this ... and send me pictures of their houses, yards and other "spaces" around their town. THOSE are really great gifts.

Gotta get a shower and some sleep. Have a great weekend.

PEACE. LFTD. ... and hugs from here in the casa.


No comments:

Post a Comment