06 November 2006

Veteran's Day

This Saturday, the 11th of November, is Veteran's Day. Please remember all our great young men and young women who are in the service of our country in all four branches. And remember all those who gave their time, their lives, their bodies and their service to make certain that we as a nation could continue to enjoy the freedoms and the privilages that so many take for granted.

Monday, the 13th is my birthday and my brother Mickey's birthday. I will be 61 and he will be 59. We are both veterans (as is my baby brother Steve).

Hilda and I are going to Benson again this weekend. I want her to meet some people there who have nothing to do with my ex. She seems to think that the entire town is Jennie's family. We are going to meet some buddies of mine at the VFW for some drinks and conversation. Sunday we are going to the Holy Trinity Monastery for their winter art fair. The H.T.M. is where I used to go to Mass when I lived in Benson.

I send out my thanks to all you veterans out there and tell you from my heart that I am grateful for all you did and all that the military personnel do now.

Peace (which is something that all soldiers pray for)
LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment