26 November 2006

The end of the weekend

I must confess that my "bah-humbug" feelings about Thanksgiving have been tempered somewhat this last four days. It started Thursday when one of Hilda's nieces said (we all have to say what we are thankful for) "the food makes my tummy happy, and seeing Antonio (me) makes my heart happy". Then some other things happened that mellowed me somewhat. I have not changed my opinion about a lot of things, but I am happier about having been through the four days.

I raised four kids for over 20 years to the best of my ability. When their mom ran off with her son-in-law .. everyone thought that it was horrible. They were on my side. When their mom moved back into Benson ... they started seeing her. Then, gradually, I was removed from their life and replaced with their mom. So ... I was divorced by an entire family. Now-a-days, I have no family around here except for my mom .. and Hilda. The last few years of my marriage, Jennie alienated most of my friends. I wound up with no friends and no family. So ... any festive occasions that involved family and friends became extremely difficult for me. I was always the kid outside the candy store looking in, living the festive occasions vicariously and sort of 'by proxy'. Five years ago, I spent Thanksgiving with Dr. and Mrs. McGowen in Texas. That was as close to a family gathering as I have experienced in many years.

Anyway... back to current events. I have worked every day but Thursday ... but the project is basically over and this week coming up is simply 'clean-up time'. I have the option of sitting around the warehouse 40 hours a week in December ... working 5 hours a week and getting 40 hours at $16. That is what I will do if another position doesn't come my way.

Well, the Colts are running all over the Eagles and it is boring and it's beddy-bye time. Have a great week.

PEACE ! L.F.T.D. !

No comments:

Post a Comment