17 November 2006

Friday and on ...

It is Friday, after dark. ... I am whupped (more about that later). I am attempting to relax a little, drinking a Shiner Bock and watching the History Channel. I just took Hilda home. we were at the annual Tucson Area Firefighter's Chili Cook Off - TAFCCO - and, as usual, it was a blast. We sampled lots of chili, listened to music from THE SUITS (boy are they good ... old Rock n' Roll) and other bands. I had some of the BEST green corn tamales that I have tasted in years. I talked to the firefighter who made them .. both of us being cooking nuts ... and told him that they were fantastic. he agreed with me that the maza is THE ingredient that makes a GCT what it is. He adds a little lime juice and a small amount of sugar to his maza .. and it works. Hilda and I received a lot of Mardi Gras beads tonight. We also bought a couple of Chili Cook Off T-Shirts (as we do every year). She was wearing last year's shirt, but mine was dirty. We ate a bunch, had some beer and people-watched and listened to lots of music. We had to come home early, as I have to go in at 0400 tomorrow for 6-7 hours.This, of course, will come to a screeching halt in about two weeks. I have been submitting resumes for everything this side of the AZ Governor's job. I am optimistic (except when I am being pessimistic) about future chances. Remember people ... I am 61 years old and have no college degree. So ... I may be able to continue to live indoors and continue eating fairly regularly ... but I expect no extra cash for the future. I hope that I find something that I ENJOY ... but at worst .... anything that fulfills my need for enough cash to afford the above mentioned necessities will suffice.

This has been a hectic week at work ... which explains the gap in my BLOG postings. Between that, submitting resumes on-line nightly and crashing early each night ... I have done little in the form of extra-curricular activities this week.

I wish each of you the very best and I assume that you are all in the throes of Christmas. Santa is here in the malls and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. In my youth ... the Friday after Thanksgiving was "The Christmas Parade". The last thing in the Christmas Parade was St Nicholas in his sleigh. Christmas season began THEN ( and ONLY THEN). Now, ... I fully expect Santa to be wearing Halloween gear in his early visits to the malls and other commercial establishments.

Well ...tis' bedtime and daybreak (or before) comes early.

Love from the desert. PEACE !!!
ANTONIO

No comments:

Post a Comment