01 August 2006

G'bye

I will be leaving after work on Thursday and shall be gone until Monday morning. Any comments on this blog will not be published during that time frame. Any comment that you put on needs my O.K. before it is published ... they send me an e-mail telling me that you commented. This is done so that I may keep any profane comments, sexual comments,, et al off of this (sort of) family oriented site. My nietos (grandkids) read this BLOG when they are on-line. I realize that they hear and read and know more about life and all it's vulgarities at 11 and 15 than I did by the time I was 21 ... or older. But, as a Tata, I have to do my part.

I really am looking forward to being off for three days. I have not had that happen to me in a while ... and the last time it did, I was in Vegas with my brother and his lovely wife. This trip will not match that one for a lot of reasons ... the main one being the chance to visit with Mickey and Patricia, and being with my mom ... but I will enjoy showing
Hilda her home state. Or, at least a small portion of it. I shall have e-mail/BLOG withdrawals for that time frame, but I shall continue to live (I hope).

Haiku for the trip
*****
traveling upstate
three days in northern A Z
rejuvination

*****
high elevations
forests of Ponderosa
and the Grand Canyon

*****
Friday, Camp Verde
Montezuma's Castle ruins
and then, Sedona

Slide Rock in Oak Creek
red rock vistas all around
center of good vibes

then on to Flagstaff
Sunset Crater volcano
Meteor Crater

north on Saturday
the Grand Canyon awaits us
in all it's glory

Sunday, it's over
south through Phoenix to Tucson
time to sleep at home

*****

LFTD





No comments:

Post a Comment