07 August 2006

Thoughts

Being back at home and having the ability to relax in my own place has given me pause, and time to think. You people know that I get in trouble when I think. But, I am not adverse to getting my tookas in hot water. I have been many things in my six decades, and many different things to different people and groups. On the whole, I have kept parts of the essence of W. Anthony Rigney in each of my incarnations. I went for a short period of my life not really knowing who I was or where I was heading, sort of wandering and searching. I always knew that I needed the love and support of a good woman to be whatever it was that I was destined to be. I married a few times, mostly to (fairly) pretty girls with nothing between their ears. I lived with a lady ... scratch that, a woman ,,, for 25 years and still, I hadn't found it. I wasn't ... haven't been ... unhappy, just frustrated at times I guess. Now I enter my waning decades and still do not know where I am heading financially, et al, or what life holds in store for an old cowboy. But, I am mostly relaxed. I have a nice lady that cares for me and I have my health (outside of my kneepain, I am doing all right). My mother is still alive and reasonably healthy. I have my computer and I can write stuff that probably no one reads, but hell ... I write it for myself mostly. I write because I am a constant talker / writer and cannot shut up ... with either the spoken or written word. Thank you to anyone who reads this, and don't give up, as I will be writing it for generations. At least until the good Lord calls me to another place. And, you never know, there may be BLOGS in heaven. I had a great time this weekend, mainly because it made my Hilda happy. I have always felt better making others happy rather than me. I still feel embarressed at MY birthday celebrations and wish I'd never have another (celebration, not birthday). I am getting back into a poetry mode now that my schedule is less than 60+ hours per week. I hope that life is being kind to all of you and that you are all happy in your day-to-day existance. I really care for all of you ... in different ways and I hope that you all have the best that life has to offer. I really do enjoy waking up each morning and I never get down about going to work... it's a new adventure each day. Have a great week. LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment