20 August 2006

Middle of August

It is the middle of the month, past the middle of the year ... September looms it's head on the horizon, ... can Christmas decorations be far behind? We, "the Frothy 5", ... we changed our name, since there only seems to be 5 of us any more. (Juan got re-married and moved to San Diego.) Anyway .... we have placed ourselves on a "Too damn early" watch. We are scouring the stores for a glimpse of the first Halloween items / decorations and the first Christmas decoration / item on the local shelves. The first one to spot and report on a Christmas item/decoration gets an expensive dinner anywhere in town ... paid for by the other 4. I shall keep you posted. If you ... any of you ... spot these items, either e-mail me or comment on this BLOG. We shall purchase you a CD of your choice (pending availability of course) if you notify us before we notify you ... via this BLOG of course.

We went to see my mom today (Sunday) She is as fit as ever and sends her love to all you east coast types. I took HJR home and am getting ready to iron my work shirts for the week. I am getting ready to watch
Eraser with Arnold. We watched Inside Man last evening. It was one of Spike Lee's best efforts, and Denzel was in good form in it. Pretty good flick overall.

I am looking forward to my Monday, there's a lot to do and I have to get started on some more projects. My one-day weekend is merely a revitalizing period and a time to wash clothes (done) wash dishes (done) buy groceries (done) and iron clothes.. (still in the planning stage).

As of right now, I am watching football ...
Seattle and Indianapolis ... and, 'The Anti-Christ' on THC. Aren't remotes great?

Well, I must work on my novel, shower and get some sleep.

I sincerly hope that everyone is doing well, and that life is treating you as it should. We here in the desert salute you all. LFTD

No comments:

Post a Comment