21 August 2006

Monday

Are you ready for some Football !!!!!!

Monday Night Football on ESPN. Really not the same as the early days on ABC, but it'll have to do I 'rekon. The Cowboys face off against the New Orleans Saints. I'll have to watch at least some of it ... it's a guy thing, or so I am told. Marla, Beau and Reinhardt are coming over ... all Cowboy fans ... so I'll have to root for New Orleans just to be my usual obstinate self. Go Saints! I don't know any of their players though, I'll have to fake it. Maybe I'll look them on the Net before anyone arives.

Tucson celebrated it's 231st birthday yesterday. It was founded in 1775, a year before the U.S. declared it's independance and the Revolutionary War started. Yet, somehow, the Anglos have decided that they settled this area of the west in the 1800's. Go figure. HISTORY .... His Story, you know the name of that tune. Anyway, Happy Birthday to The Ol' Pueblo.

Really messed up day at work. But I got through it and solved all the problems that came up and I am once again the hero of a stupid Monday. I wonder, at times, about the problem solving capabilities of the group of people I work for. They are smart, have degrees, etc., but they fall apart when things do not go as they should ... which happens a lot in this test. They WILL NOT step back,... look at the whole picture (not just the fire that needs putting out) and then make a common sense (albeit occasionally difficult) decision. Oh well, they're paying me pretty decently.

It rained again this afternoon, only for about 30 minutes ... but pretty hard. Water was inches deep in the intersections. I don't think that the airport got any .. so the official rainfall won't change any. The official this year is about 8.5 inches, but we've had over 11 inches on the east side. The 8.5 is over an inch above normal though.

I have a tenderloin in the oven and some vegetables ready for the stovetop, a few Shiners in the fridge ..... will be good eating during the game. It is about 1630 and the game starts at 1700. I have some pictures to scan for Hilda (old B &W ones of her mom and dad's families). I'll do that while I am watching the tube.


No comments:

Post a Comment